How We’re Caring For You During Covid-19
While safety precautions have always been part of the way we deliver care, we want to make sure our clients know exactly how we’ve augmented our precautions during COVID-19. We’re taking extra steps to make sure we’re keeping our clients, their loved ones, and our vulnerable population safe. Here are some of the key steps we’ve implemented, plus the “Why” behind them. We’re also providing cautionary steps you can take and resources you can use for getting tested for COVID-19, symptomatic or not symptomatic!
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
To protect your vulnerable loved ones:
- If you live with them, do the minimum CDC recommendations at ALL TIMES, no exceptions.
- If you’re sick, get tested immediately and maintain distancing when possible. It’s inconvenient but it could save a life.
- ALWAYS alert Silver Lining if you’re getting tested for COVID-19 or if you’ve developed symptoms. This will ensure we can protect our team members and prevent transmission to others. We’ll do full-droplet precautions (use of PPE with goggles, mask, gown, and gloves) until COVID-19 is ruled out.
If you’re visiting a vulnerable loved one:
- Never go if you’re sick.
- Always wear a mask the whole time (so as to not infect commonly touched spaces).
- Wash hands prior to entering, before and after eating, after toileting and after exiting
HOW TO GET TESTED:
Testing is FREE by federal mandate. You will not have a copay to use your insurance. For the mail-order option, you can choose to either go through your insurance or pay out of pocket. Different testing options have different results time. The primary reason to get tested if you’re not symptomatic is because you’ll be in an area where maintaining social distancing is not possible.
Know Your COVID-19 Status – Order a mail order kit – Want to go on vacation? See family? Get tested before and/or after!
Access COVID-19 Testing at Home – You can go through your insurance and the testing is free. Or you can pay out of pocket.
COVID-19 Screening Tool – Don’t know if you’re at risk or not? Use this symptom checker.